Preferred provider facilities have numerous advantages for injured employees and their employers
- Modified-duty release to work is given whenever possible.
- Work environment and physical demands are considered.
- Employer policies regarding modified duty and post-accident drug testing are taken into account.
- Specialists have extensive knowledge of work-related conditions.
- They are familiar with regulatory requirements and workers’ compensation rules and procedures.
Preferred providers lower costs for both employers and employees
- A facility fee is not charged as with emergency room use.
- Facilities are easily accessible with numerous locations and walk-in service.
- Preferred provider facilities agree to regulated rates and charges, which can result in saving 30 to 40%.
Preferred providers are quality driven
- They consider the injured employee, employer, and insurance expectations.
- They emphasize functional and safe recovery (return-to-work programs).
- They manage cases and referrals.
Preferred providers are consistent
- Injured employees receive similar treatment and work status for similar problems.
- Treatment, policies, procedures, and billing are similar throughout clinics.