Frequently Asked Questions

What do I need to do before filing a claim?

You should take steps to protect your property from further damage. After a covered loss, we reimburse reasonable expenses you incur to protect your property from further covered damage. Some ways you can mitigate damage include:

  • Shutting off the water after a plumbing leak
  • Securing your building after a burglary
  • Calling the police after a theft
  • Calling the fire department
  • Moving or protecting property to prevent further damage

You should report a claim immediately. Once you file a claim, contact your adjuster and check your WCF Insurance policy for additional details.

What information do I need when I report a claim?

When reporting a claim, it's helpful if you have the following:

  • Your policy number
  • The date the loss occurred
  • The address of the loss location
  • A brief description of the loss
  • The contact information for any other parties involved, including any contractors and experts

After I report a claim, what can I expect from the claim process?

Once you report a claim, we make every effort to contact you as quickly as possible. Your adjuster will carefully guide you through the claim process and be your primary point of contact to answer any questions.

How do I get a rental vehicle?

If your car is in the shop for repairs following a covered accident, your adjuster will work with one of our preferred rental vendors to arrange a rental vehicle. We'll reimburse the vendor directly based on your available rental vehicle coverage. You can also choose a rental car company that you prefer to work with. Remember to speak with your claims adjuster once you file your claim. Check your WCF policy for additional details.

When can I expect someone to come to my business for an inspection?

Depending on the nature and extent of the damages, your claim may require an physcial inspection. Your adjuster will let you know during your conversation if you need an inspection. If so, the field adjuster will contact you to make an appointment to inspect the damages.  

How long do I need to keep damaged items?

Talk to you adjuster before discarding any damaged items. Once we have inspected the property or obtained supporting documentation from you about any damaged articles that are non-repairable, the items can typcailly be discarded. In some cases, we may want to take your damaged items for salvage.

What if I still have questions during or after my property is repaired/replaced?

Your adjuster will continue to be an available resource for you if you have any further questions or concerns.