Be Careful Out There Workplace Safety Grant
WCF “Be Careful Out There” Workplace Safety Grant
WCF Insurance is offering a safety grant to qualifying policyholders for assistance in funding workplace safety initiatives for the prevention of injuries and promotion of workplace safety awareness. WCF will match funds, dollar for dollar, up to $1,000, for workplace safety purchases outlined in the winning policyholder grant applications.
Goal of the “Be Careful Out There” Workplace Safety Grant Program:
Assist in funding workplace safety initiatives that will prevent injuries and promote employer/employee safety awareness. The grant is for safety initiatives that are proposed for future implementation or currently in consideration for implementation, and not for reimbursement of past safety initiatives already implemented.
Qualified Uses of Grant Money May Include:
o Equipment needed to mitigate severe injury/fatality exposure risk.
o Purchase of safety materials\publications\videos.
o Items to assist in implementation\augmentation of workplace safety programs.
o Safety workshops, seminars and presentations focusing on workplace safety.
o Development of Workplace Safety Initiatives for those with Limited English Skills
o Workplace violence prevention / awareness training.
o Innovative workplace safety programs through the use of technology.
Grant Money May Not Be Used For:
o Electronic equipment (TV’s, video recorders, phones, etc)
o Fees for rental of facilities owned by grantee, even in instances when the facilities are being used for purposes of implementing a safety project.
o Social dinners and events not at all related to safety conferences or awards.
o Travel out of state.
o Cost of doing business as usual. Equipment, items, or services that are specific to the business that are required as a cost of doing business such as routinely used personal protective equipment or industrial hygiene air monitoring services.
o Facilities maintenance and/or utility bills (heating and electrical bills, etc.).
o In-kind services provided by consultants or contractors.
o Any product or service that is not disclosed or approved in the grant application process.
1. Applicants must be a current policyholder of WCF Insurance.
2. A fully-completed WCF “Be Careful Out There” Workplace Safety Grant Application must be submitted by 8 a.m. on June 1, 2017. Applications may be submitted either by mail or electronically:
Workplace Safety Grant Program C/O Rachel Jepperson
100 West Towne Ridge Parkway
Sandy, UT 84070
3. Implementation of the agreed upon purchases must be completed within one year from the date on which the grant recipient is notified of grant approval.
4. Successful grantees may be audited by WCF Safety and Health to ensure implementation of the agreed upon expenditures.
5. Successful grantees will work closely and cooperatively with the WCF Safety and Health team to ensure the best desired outcome.
Apply Here (Application will open as a word document)