Each June, WCF Insurance provides safety grants to qualifying policyholders for assistance in funding workplace safety initiatives for the prevention of injuries and promotion of workplace safety awareness. WCF grants provide up to $1,000 for workplace safety purchases outlined in the winning policyholder grant applications.
“Be Careful Out There” Workplace Safety Grant Program Goal:
To assist in funding workplace safety initiatives that will prevent injuries and promote employer/employee safety awareness. The grant is for safety initiatives that are proposed for future implementation, or currently in consideration for implementation, and not for reimbursement of past safety initiatives already implemented.
Grant Money Qualified Uses May Include:
- Equipment needed to mitigate severe injury/fatality exposure risk
- Safety materials\publications\videos purchase
- Items to assist in implementation\augmentation of workplace safety programs
- Safety workshops, seminars, and presentations focusing on workplace safety
- Development of workplace safety initiatives for those with limited English skills
- Workplace violence prevention/awareness training
- Innovative workplace safety programs through the use of technology
Grant Money May NOT be Used for:
- Electronic equipment (TVs, video recorders, phones, etc.)
- Rental of facilities fees owned by grantee, even in instances when facilities are used to implement a safety project
- Social dinners and events not at all related to safety conferences or awards
- Travel out of state
- Cost of doing business as usual (equipment, items, or services specific to the business that are required as a cost of doing business, such as routinely-used PPE or industrial hygiene air-monitoring services)
- Facilities maintenance and/or utility bills (heating and electrical bills, etc.)
- In-kind services provided by consultants or contractors
- Any product or service not disclosed or approved in the grant application process
- Applicants must be a current WCF Insurance policyholder.
- A fully-completed grant application must be submitted by 8 a.m. on June 1, 2022.
- Implementation of the agreed upon purchases must be completed within one year from the date when the grant recipient is notified of grant approval.
- Successful grantees may be audited by WCF Safety and Health to ensure implementation of the agreed upon expenditures.
- Successful grantees will work closely and cooperatively with the WCF Safety and Health team to ensure the best desired outcome.